After attending this symposium, participants will be able to:
- Recognize artifacts in tomosynthesis and synthetized views, why they occur, and how to avoid them.
- Identify which modalities are most appropriate for managing patients with nipple discharge.
- Recognize common causes of overlooked breast cancers.
- Build skills related to the performance of a second look breast ultrasound.
- Discuss the clinical issues involving sonographic diagnosis of ectopic pregnancy.
- Describe the clinical issues involving abnormal placentation, what are the limitations and advantages of sonography and MRI.
- Describe the important concepts regarding the pathogenesis of ovarian cancer – recognizing the potential improvement in screening.
- Discuss the use of advanced sonographic imaging (3D, 4D) and MR for challenging cases.
The target audience for this activity is radiologists who perform and interpret breast, obstetrical, and/or gynecologic imaging examinations.