ARRS Clinician Educator Development Program
Each year 30 junior faculty members are selected to receive a $1,000 grant to attend a one-day workshop held at the ARRS Annual Meeting to gain proficiency in teaching skills and designing educational activities.
About the Program
The American Roentgen Ray Society (ARRS) Clinician Educator Development Program is designed to be a highly interactive, focused day of learning new teaching skills and tools, and improving those you already have. Over half the program is hands on learning—be taught in the way that we want you to teach! Attendees will be asked to pre-submit some material that will be used during the session, and will be asked to download various apps or software and review a short video. Bringing a laptop and a tablet is a requirement for this course. Evernote will be used to distribute resources afterwards. See the 2018 Schedule for more session information.
This program is also an excellent opportunity to meet with other enthusiastic Clinician Educators, and there will be opportunities to network further with the faculty and attendees.
The Clinician Educator Development Program is funded by The Roentgen Fund® of the ARRS.
Candidates must meet the following qualifications:
- ARRS member at the time the nomination is submitted and for the duration of the program
- MD or DO (or equivalent) from an accredited institution
- Completion of all required residency and fellowship training
- Certification by the American Board of Radiology or equivalent
- Faculty appointment as a lecturer, instructor, assistant professor, or equivalent
- Currently employed in an academic center or teaching hospital
- Interested in, and has the potential for, a career that includes teaching
The 2019 Clinician Educator Development Program will be held Saturday, May 4, 2019 at the ARRS Annual Meeting in Honolulu, HI. The application deadline for the 2019 Program is Friday, December 28, 2018.
Chairpersons and medical directors at medical schools, affiliated hospitals, and clinical research institutions are invited to nominate candidates for this program.
Applications must be submitted online (button below). Required uploads:
- Applicant CV
- Cover page with: (1) Applicant's full name, address, phone and fax numbers, and email address; (2) Applicant's current affiliation, position, and subspecialty; (3) Nominator's name and email address
- Statement written by the applicant with the following components: (1) In 500 words or less, indicate how this program will help you meet your goals as a clinician educator; (2) In 500 words of less, indicate your current teaching activities; (3) Indicate any other relevant experience, skills, and/or courses
- Letter of recommendation from the applicant's nominator
Selection of participants is based on:
- Nominee's education involvement in current or prior positions
- Nominee's clarity of career goals
- Potential that attending CEDP will help nominee attain goals
- Nominee's potential for future impact in radiology education
The program is limited to 30 attendees. No more than TWO nominees per institution will be accepted. All attendees will receive a $1,000 educational grant issued to their institution only after attending all the required programs.