ARRS Clinician Educator Development Program
Each year 30 junior faculty members are selected to receive a $1,800 grant to attend a one-day workshop held at the American Roentgen Ray Society (ARRS) Annual Meeting to gain proficiency in teaching skills and designing educational activities.
About the Program
The ARRS Clinician Educator Development Program (CEDP) is designed to be a highly interactive, focused day of learning new teaching skills and tools, and improving those you already have. Over half the program is hands-on learning—be taught in the way that we want you to teach! This program is also an excellent opportunity to meet with other
enthusiastic clinician educators, and there will be opportunities to
network further with the faculty and attendees.
Attendees will be asked to pre-submit some homework that will be used during the session, and may be asked to download various apps/software and review short videos prior to the start of the program. Bringing a laptop is a requirement for this course. In addition, accepted participants must register for the ARRS Annual Meeting for at least the day of the program and be ARRS Members in good standing.
The Clinician Educator Development Program is funded by The Roentgen Fund® of the ARRS.
Candidates must meet the following qualifications:
- ARRS member at the time the nomination is submitted and for the duration of the program
- MD or DO (or equivalent) from an accredited institution
- Completion of all required residency and fellowship training
- Certification by the American Board of Radiology or equivalent, Board Eligible candidates are acceptable
- Faculty appointment as a lecturer, instructor, assistant professor, or equivalent
- Currently employed in an academic center or teaching hospital
- Interested in, and has the potential for, a career that includes teaching
Chairpersons and medical directors at medical schools, affiliated
hospitals, and clinical research institutions are invited to nominate
candidates for this program.
2024 Clinician Educator Development Program will be held on Saturday, May 4, 2024 at the Sheraton Boston in Boston, MA. To apply, please complete the online application form below and attach your CV and letter of recommendation. The deadline for applications is Thursday, December 28, 2023. Status notifications will be sent around mid-January.
Applicants are required to provide the following:
Selection of participants is based on:
- Nominee's education involvement in current or prior positions
- Nominee's clarity of career goals
- Potential that attending CEDP will help nominee attain goals
- Nominee's potential for future impact in radiology education
The program is limited to 30 attendees. No more than TWO nominees per institution will be accepted. All attendees will receive a $1,800 educational grant issued to their institution only after attending all the required programs.