Sharpening Teamwork and Communication Skills
Smooth and cohesive function of the team is crucial for optimal performance of team members, job satisfaction, and career advancement. Understanding various factors that influence team dynamic is crucial for anyone who wants to optimize the function of the team overall, and of its individual members. The course is taught by experts in interpersonal communication and team dynamic, and will focus on providing practical actionable strategies that are immediately implementable. These strategies are designed to have maximal impact on improving one's function in professional setting.
Learn and earn credit at your own pace with unlimited access to this course through September 11, 2025. See learning outcomes and individual lectures below.
This course package offers 2 CME and SA-CME Credits following completion of an online test.
ARRS Member price: $195
ARRS In-Training Member price: $99
Nonmember price: $445
Video content for this Online Course will be available to view until September 11, 2032, which is ten years following the issuance date of this course. ARRS reserves the right to remove video content before the end of the ten year period. Video content that contradicts current science or misleads the viewer based on changes to accepted clinical practice may be removed on a case-by-case basis.
Learning Outcomes and Lectures
After completing this course, the learner should be able to:
- Review the key attributes of successful leadership style that allow for clear and powerful communication.
- Explain how emotions are communicated and interpreted in written form.
- Describe approaches to minimizing emotions in professional communication.
Speakers and Lectures
- Psychology in the Workplace—Kathryn Fowler, MD
- Mastering Email Communication—Victoria Chernyak, MD, MS
- Is It Me or Is It Them: Understanding Team Dynamics—Elizabeth Hecht, MD
- Dealing With Imposter Syndrome—Sherry Wang, MBBS
- Promoting a Team Inclusive Environment—Alice Fung, MD
View the sample recording below
The American Roentgen Ray Society (ARRS) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education activities for physicians.
The ARRS designates this enduring activity for a maximum of 2.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™ and 2.00 American Board of Radiology, MOC Part II, Self-Assessment CME (SA-CME) credits. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
View the ARRS Return Policy.