ARRS Resident in Radiology Awards
About the Awards
The ARRS Resident in Radiology Awards are available to residents and fellows in radiology and radiological science research. An Award supports travel to the ARRS Annual Meeting for the recipient to present his/her research. The ARRS Scholarship is funded through The Roentgen Fund® of the ARRS. One of three awards may be given to a resident/fellow:
President's Award - $2,000
Melissa Rosado de Christenson Award - $2,000
Executive Council Award (2) - $1,000 each
Candidates must meet the following qualifications:
- ARRS member at the time the application is submitted and for the duration of the award
- Earned MD or DO (or equivalent) from an accredited institution
- Currently in residency or fellowship training
Candidates' research must meet the following qualifications:
- If not the sole author, it is expected that the applicant has performed the majority of the work and is the first author.
- The paper should not have been previously presented, published, or submitted for publication.
- Papers must be on the clinical application of the discipline of radiology and radiological science.
Only one submission per applicant permitted.
The application deadline for the 2019 Awards will be announced later in 2018.
To apply, candidates must email the following materials as attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org by the deadline:
- A cover page from the applicant stating his/her name,
address, phone and fax numbers, and email address, for use by the ARRS
- An electronic copy (PDF format preferred) of the manuscript and any illustrations. The manuscript format should follow the Guidelines for Authors of the American Journal of Roentgenology.
- A curriculum vitae
- A letter from the program director attesting:
- That the author is a radiology resident or fellow;
- That the work is primarily the effort of the applicant resident/fellow;
- That each co-author has contributed to the work;
- That the manuscript has not been previously presented or submitted for publication and will not be submitted for publication while it is being considered for an ARRS Resident in Radiology Award.
Selection of the Awardees is based on: (1) The competence and promise of the candidate in research, education, or administration related to medical imaging; and (2) The strength of the candidate's manuscript based on scientific merit and potential impact.
Applications are reviewed by the ARRS Roentgen Fund Board of Trustees. Up to three awards may be given each year. All candidates are notified of the selection decisions. Award-winning papers are presented at the ARRS Annual Meeting.