ARRS Global Partner
Spanish Society of Medical Radiology
The Spanish Society of Medical Radiology (SERAM) is a scientific and medical organization, headquartered in Madrid, Spain, dedicated to teaching, development, advocacy and research on all aspects related to diagnostic and therapeutic medical imaging.
SERAM participated in a Global Exchange featuring Spain during the ARRS 2022 Annual Meeting. During the Global Exchange, SERAM representatives presented the featured course, Brain Tumors: From Child to Adult, with ARRS faculty. SERAM President, Dra. Milagros Martí de Gracia, received ARRS Honorary Membership.
Featured Journal Publications
Espacio Editorial Virtual
ARRS is proud to work with SERAM to contribute AJR articles for the open access, Espacio Editorial Virtual. New offerings of this online journal will be available every January, April, July, and October and are available in Spanish and English. See the latest publication at https://seram.es/revista-virtual-de-radiologia/.
Atypical Bacterial Infections of the Central Nervous
System Transmitted by Ticks: An Unknown Threat
Anomalous Location of Intracranial Vessels in Adults
Thoracic Ultrasound in Viral Infections
A Review of the Anatomy of the Middle Cerebral Artery
Percutaneous management of bone metastases: State of the art
Are artificial intelligence systems useful in breast cancer screening programmes?
Puerperal complications: Pathophysiological mechanisms and main imaging findings
Pediatric chest X-rays during the COVID-19 pandemic Radiologia 2021
SARS-CoV-2 what it is, how it acts, and how it manifests in imaging studies Radiologia 2021
Acute mesenteric ischemia Radiología 2020
Update in the evaluation of peripheral nerves by MRI Radiología 2020
Traumatic injury of the petrous part of the temporal
bone: Keys for reporting a complex diagnosis 2019
Radiology of acute pancreatitis today: The Atlanta classification and the current role of imaging in its diagnosis and treatment 2019
Histiocitosis pulmonar más allá de la histiocitosis de células de Langerhans Radiología 2019
Pulmonary histiocytosis Beyond Langerhans cell histiocytosis Radiologia 2019
SERAM Membership for ARRS Members
ARRS members may apply for free SERAM International Membership.
SERAM benefits include:
- Free access to educational content (electronic exhibits, e-books) of the SERAM.
- Free access to professional content (proceedings, standards, certifications and consensus documents) of SERAM.
- Free electronic access to Radiología, the journal of SERAM (plus contents alert via e-mail every new number).
- Opportunity to submit to Radiología, the main radiological peer-reviewed journal in Spanish language, with English version of the main articles published.
- Coverage of Article Processing Charges for accepted articles in Radiología.
- Reduced registration fees for educational activities of the SERAM (congresses, courses and workshops).
- Discounts on purchase of publications (journals, books, monographs).
- Reduced registration fees for on-line courses and educational materials of SERAM.
- Free receipt of various communications and newsletters.
ARRS and SERAM leaders meet to discuss global partner initiatives.