ARRS In-Training Resources
Maintenance of Certification (MOC)
The maintenance of certification (MOC) process, as initiated by the American Board of Medical Specialties and the American Board of Radiology is designed to facilitate and document the professional development of each participating radiologist.
The MOC program evaluates, on a continuous basis, the 6 essential competencies as defined by the Accreditation Council on Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) and the American Board of Medical Specialties (ABMS):
- Medical knowledge
- Patient care and procedural skills
- Interpersonal and communication skills
- Practice-based learning and improvement
- Systems-based practice
MOC uses 4 parts to evaluate the six competencies:
- Part 1: Professional Standing
- Part 2: Lifelong Learning and Self-Assessment
- Part 3: Cognitive Expertise
- Part 4: Practice Quality Improvement (PQI)
Visit the American Board of Radiology for specific info for your area of practice.
The ARRS offers a broad array of CME Programs and self-assessment modules (SAMs) and has PQI templates available to assist radiologists in meeting their MOC needs. Additional programs are added throughout the year.
Frequently Asked Questions