Designed to deliver the tools radiologists need to enhance their breast imaging interpretation skills—as well as expert instruction on how to use them in daily clinical practice—this Online Course provides a thorough update on obstetric and gynecologic imaging: sonographic evaluation of ectopic pregnancy, abnormal placentation, early sonographic detection of ovarian cancer, and advanced pelvic imaging including MR.
Earn credit at your own pace through October 27, 2022 and continue to access your videos until October 28, 2029. See below for learning outcomes and a list of modules and individual lectures.
This course package offers 4 CME and SA-CME Credits following completion of an online test.
ARRS Member price: $295
ARRS In-Training Member price: $149
Nonmember price: $599
Video content for this Online Course will be available to view until October 28, 2029, which is ten years following the issuance date of this course. ARRS reserves the right to remove video content before the end of the ten year period. Video content that contradicts current science or misleads the viewer based on changes to accepted clinical practice may be removed on a case-by-case basis.
Learning Outcomes and Lectures
After completing this course, the learner should be able to:
- recognize artifacts in tomosynthesis and synthesized views, why they occur, and how to avoid them
- identify which modalities are most appropriate for managing patients with nipple discharge
- recognize common causes of overlooked breast cancers
- build skills related to the performance of a second look breast ultrasound
- discuss the clinical issues involving sonographic diagnosis of ectopic pregnancy
- describe the clinical issues involving abnormal placentation, what are the limitations and advantages of sonography and MRI
- describe the important concepts regarding the pathogenesis of ovarian cancer – recognizing the potential improvement in screening
- discuss the use of advanced sonographic imaging (3D, 4D) and MR for challenging cases
- How to Do a Second Look Ultrasound After Breast MRI—M. Elezaby
- Artifacts in Tomosynthesis and Synthesized Views—M. Elezaby
- All Modality Approach to Nipple Discharge—B. Adrada
- Learn from Mistakes: Overlooked Cancers and How to Avoid—B. Adrada
- Update on Sonography of Ectopic Pregnancy—M. Frates
- Imaging of Abnormal Placentation—M. Moshiri
- Early Detection of Ovarian Cancer: New Concepts—A. Fleischer
- Advanced Pelvic Imaging—M. Moshiri
The American Roentgen Ray Society (ARRS) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education activities for physicians.
The ARRS designates this enduring material for a maximum of 4.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™ and 4.00 American Board of Radiology, MOC Part II, Self-Assessment CME (SA-CME) credits. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.